Canon Business Services Australia Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Last updated: November 2020
What we Collect
We need to collect and use personal information in order to run our business. This may include information such as:
- Email Addresses;
- Employment details;
- Phone Numbers;
- Preferences and interests;
- Use of our products and services including support interactions;
- Participation in events or promotions organised by us;
- Job applications;
- Information, data and documents you provide to us so that we can provide services to you; and
- Other interactions and communications with us.
Why do we collect this information?
- More specifically, we collect personal information to:
- fulfil orders and contracts for goods and services;
- manage customers and other business relationships;
- address inquiries and feedback;
- improve our products and services;
- conduct events and promotions;
- promote and market our company and our offerings;
- tailor our products, services and marketing to suit our customer’s needs;
- understand our customers better and to help us find new customers;
- recruit staff and manage contractors;
- and otherwise to supply our services, communicate with our customers and manage our business.
How we communicate with you
Subject to any consents required by law, we may periodically send you information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. We may use any personal information we have collected about a person to tailor our communications to reflect his/her needs. An unsubscribe option will be included in all our marketing emails, or you can otherwise opt out of marketing communications by contacting us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification we have put in place suitable physical, technical, procedural electronic and managerial controls to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These include:
- Aligning to the information security management standard ISO 27001:2013;
- Systematically evaluating information security risks;
- Implementing “need to know” principles;
- Using secure servers, communication links and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data in transit and at rest;
- Measures to control internal access, such as policies, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords and access tracking; and
- Secure third-party online payment methods.
We may need to disclose some of your personal information to some of our service providers to enable them to help us provide services. In some cases, these service providers may be in America, Japan, Philippines and New Zealand. However, we only disclose what is necessary for them to do their job and they are contractually obliged to keep your details safe. Our service providers are required to treat all such information in a manner consistent with this policy.
Our contractual commitments
You may give us your business information, data and documents for the purposes of us providing storage and other services to you. Some of the information you provide to us for these purposes may include personal information and sensitive personal information. In this case, we will always comply with the commitments we make in our contracts with you. This includes any commitments regarding where documents or data is stored, and who may access such documents or data.
Access to personal information
If we hold information about you, you generally have rights to access that information and/or ask us to correct it if it is wrong. If you wish to access and/or correct any personal information we hold about you, or you have a privacy-related complaint or query, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Canon Business Services
The Park Estate
5 Talavera Road
Macquarie Park NSW 2113